DokuSIOC makes your wiki part of the Semantic Web!
DokuSIOC integrates the SIOC ontology within DokuWiki and provides an alternate RDF/XML export of the wiki pages. The plugin creates metadata with auto-discovery links and content negotiation, pings PingTheSemanticWeb.com on updates, and it provides linked data.
Note: The related techreport gives some more background information and explanations.
- Creates meta descriptions for
sioct:Wiki) and it includes information about next/previous versions, creator/modifier, contributors, date, content, container and inner wiki links between the articles.
- It adds a link to those meta descriptions in the HTML header.
- Pings pingthesemanticweb.com for new/edited content
- Linked Data
- Content Negotiation for
- Possibility to hide RDF content from search engines
- go to DokuWiki admin > Plugin management
- paste the URL and hit the Download button
This way you can use the update method from the plugin manager later.
- copy the
dokusiocfolder to the plugin directory of your DokuWiki (should be located in
<yourdokuwikidir>/lib/plugins) (just overwrite the files if you upgrade from the poc version)
Go to the configuration page in your DokuWiki admin and configure:
- name of namespace for user sites (this is used for
- the website the wiki is part of (used as
- if the plugin should ping ptsw.com after a wiki article was edited/created (can only work in the latest DokuWiki version)
- soft check for testing the accepted header for the request (soft check: DokuSIOC only tests if
application/rdf+xmlis accepted but it deosn't rank the quality parameter)
- send noindex: DokuSIOC will send
X-Robots-Tag: noindexheader for RDF documents to prevent search engines from indexing the RDF views
Currently the plugin is not very wide tested, maybe you can help, e.g. how is it behaving if DokuWiki uses nice URLs through mod_rewrite or with complex ACL. Please submit bug reports and feature requests to the DokuSIOC issue tracker at Github. Would be nice to hear from you: firstname.lastname@example.org
Update: Lists of bugs and upcoming features have been moved to the issue tracker.
- Permalink URL: http://eye48.com/go/dokusioc
The SIOC plugin for DokuWiki (DokuSIOC) is released open-source under the GNU General Public License 2.0 (GPLv2) licence.
- 0.1.1 (bugfix release)
- fix header output for content negotiation
- fix URIs for profile and SIOC ressource
- better dc:title for revisions
- add absolute URI to rdf:about for foaf:Document (Profile) to make it explicit
- add rel=“canonical” for URIs with type parameter, to prevent double content
- exchange licence b/c CC-BY-SA was incompatible with GPL
- restructuring code base
- fix wrong meta link for revisions
- add possibility to send noindex by x-robots-tag via HTTP header
- add soft check for requested application type
- use search method to get container content on next sub level
- improve string for dc:title of foaf:document,
- better distinction between user/container/post resources
- normalize URIs
- use dcterms:created and sioc:has_creator only for first revision of wiki page b/c of inadequate meta data
- add wiki backlinks to sioct:WikiArticle via dcterms:isReferencedBy
- add contributors by sioc:has_modifier (only for last revision b/c of wrong meta data for older revisions)
- remove foaf:person link in sioct:WikiArticle b/c it routes to same data like sioc:has_creater/modifier
- remove Talis SIOC widget for comments b/c incompatibility with DokuWiki JS
- proof of concept release under CC-BY-SA
Last modified: 2012-03-22 12:15 (external edit).